I love creating colorful toast and partaking in an act which I have dubbed a ‘toast extravaganza’. This is not your everyday avocado toast, but rather for those days when you want to kick things up a notch.
Earlier today I had the pleasure of taking over @thefeedfeed snapchat and demonstrating how to make these colorful toast combinations, I will add a link to the video once it is available.
The combinations are as follows:
- beet infused almond milk cream cheese + sweet potato + coconut shavings
- purple sweet potato mash + shaved cucumber
- almond milk yogurt + smashed roasted blackberries + pistachios + shaved dark chocolate
- broiled peaches + lavender + granola
- broiled blood orange + pepitas
- cream cheese + pickled onion + golden berries + shaved lemongrass
- avocado + pickled radish
- hazelnut basil pesto + mini heirloom tomatoes + balsamic drizzle
- 1/3 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Blend together all ingredients in a food processor and store in an airtight jar.
Beet infused cream cheese:
I simply add 1 tsp of cold pressed beet juice to my cream cheese before spreading it.
Roasted Blackberries & Peaches:
Simply preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and roast fruit for around 15 minutes.