Okay, so we’re not going to be ‘shrooming’ in the way that you might typically think of. Instead, I’m going to teach you how to incorporate a beautifying medicinal mushroom powder into a raw cookie dough which boasts a bevy of benefits. Eat cookie dough, become more beautiful. Sounds like a good deal to me.
OM, “Organic Mushroom Nutrition” powder came into my life a few months back and I’m so glad it did. They have a variety of medicinal mushroom blends that are so beneficial to both mind and body. Their beauty blend is filled with naturally occurring biotin, vitamin D, beta glucans and antioxidants that stimulate cellular restoration. These properties allow you to glow from the inside out: making your hair shinier, nails stronger, and giving you the type of glowing skin that can only come from being your healthiest on the inside. For more ways to use mushroom powder, check out this feature on wellandgood.com
- 1 cup hazelnut meal (simply process 1 cup of raw hazelnuts until you have a flour consistency) (can sub with almond flour if necessary)
- 2 1/2 heaping tbsp almond butter (make sure it’s mixed up and not too oily/wet)
- 2 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp golden flaxseed meal
- 6 tsp OM Beauty Mushroom Powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup or honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
Directions & Ways to Use:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until you have a thick dough like mixture. If it seems too wet, sprinkle in a little more hazelnut meal or some coconut flour. If the mixture seems too dry, add a little more coconut oil. Let chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Remove from the fridge and it’s ready to consume! There’s a variety of ways you can enjoy this: roll them in to balls for a little energy boost/snack throughout the day, keep it in a jar and take a spoonful when you want something sweet, or use it as the base to my Magical Cheesecake Cookie Dough bars.