This grain-free/paleo granola is going to change your life. It is so easy to make, better than any granola I’ve had in my life thus far, and made simply of nuts and seeds, no grains and zero sugar
- 2 cups of slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped walnuts (the chopping is optional, I actually like to have a few whole walnuts and a few chopped up pieces)
- 3 tbsp cinnamon (this is a lot of cinnamon, if you’re not as fond of the flavor, you can use less or omit entirely)
- 1/4-1/2 cup of goji berries (you can use as many or as little as you’d like)
- 3 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
– other add-ins (sunflower seeds, dried fruit, pumpkin seeds etc)
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Mix together almonds, walnuts, coconut flakes, chia seeds, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, and salt. (and coconut sugar if you’d like)
If you like it sweeter and are using honey or maple syrup, heat up coconut oil with the honey/maple syrup in a sauce pan on low heat and then pour over your dry mixture. I didn’t use honey in this recipe so I simply heated up coconut oil to its liquid state (you can use stovetop or microwave) and poured over my dry ingredient mixture.
Once the wet and dry ingredients are all combined, pour your mixture into a parchment paper lined baked sheet or pan. Bake for 20 minutes, then add in your other toppings like goji berries (and sunflower seeds etc if you choose). Crank up the heat to about 350 and let the granola bake for another 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Let the granola cool and enjoy on top of some coconut yogurt, smoothie bowl, chia pudding, or just grab a handful and eat it by itself! ( I certainly do…)