I’m sure I’m not the only one who sometimes wishes I could press the proverbial ‘reset’ button once Sunday rolls around and the weekend’s (often indulgent) festivities have subsided. If anything can help detox your body and point you back in the right direction, it’s this recipe for my favorite minty green juice. It’s tart, loaded with greens, and has a fresh minty finish. Just look at those green bubbles bursting with natural energy, don’t you feel more alive already!?
- 1 bunch organic lacinato kale (sometimes called dinosaur kale & black kale, I find this variety of kale produces more juice)
- 1 organic english cucumber (these are the long ones, can sub with two smaller cucumbers, you want to use a lot of cucumber for hydration)
- 5 stalks organic celery
- 1 cup loosely packed mint leaves
- 1-2 green apples (if you’re not as fond of the green taste, add two apples)
- 2 lemons (I like to use 2 lemons for extra tartness, can also use 1 lemon and 1 lime)
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
Juice all of the produce according to your juicer’s specific instructions. Serve over ice or by itself. I like to add some ice, stir it around for a minute to get the juice cold, and then remove the ice cubes so it doesn’t get diluted. Drink up and you will feel headed in the right direction back to your healthy routine in no time.