Around this time last year I created this recipe for a healthy holiday baking workshop and I realized I never posted the recipe here! I figured this was the perfect time to share the recipe with you so you can get your holiday cookie bake on. These cookies give off snickerdoodle vibes— they are paleo cookies topped with a cinnamon and coconut sugar mixture and they are oh so good.
Feel free to eat them as is– or top with some dairy free peppermint cream cheese frosting and decorate!
•1 egg or flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
•1 cup almond butter or cashew butter
•3/4 cup coconut sugar
•1 teaspoon baking soda
•1 teaspoon vanilla extract
•1/8 teaspoon sea salt
•2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
•2 tablespoons coconut sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. If you are using a flax egg, mix together ground flax and water and allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine almond butter, coconut sugar, baking soda, egg or flax egg, vanilla extract, and sea salt until a sticky dough forms.
4. Roll the dough into balls about the size of a golf ball and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake 6 at a time because they spread out a lot. Bake for 12 minutes.
Dairy-Free Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting (Makes 8 oz)
8 ounces dairy-free cream cheese ( I like kite hill almond milk cream cheese or miyokos plain cream cheese)
4 teaspoons honey (can sub with maple syrup, monk fruit, or stevia if vegan)
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
For pink: Mix 1/4 cup plain frosting with a few drops of beet juice or I love using Flora’s beet crystals as a short cut– just add about 1/4 teaspoon or until you reach your desired shade of pink.
For green: Mix 1/4 cup plan frosting with 2 droppers full of chlorophyl (preferably mint flavored)
Mix everything together in a small bowl until fully combined. Refrigerate if not using immediately.
-Try cutting up mint leaves into a Christmas tree or to mimic your favorite seasonal foliage!
-Use tiny cookie cutters and create a start using your favorite fruit- I used banana here.
– Pull apart a raspberry and use the little seeds/pieces as holly berries
-Use finely shaved coconut as snow
Enjoy! Tag me in your cookie photos — @vibrantandpure
49 Replies to “Cinnamon Sugar Cookies + Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting”