If big, thick & chewy chocolate chip cookies are your thing— then you’ve come to the right place.
1 1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup oat flour
1/3 cup creamy almond butter
1/3 cup softened coconut oil (not melted)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 chia egg
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks
flakey sea salt for topping (optional)
**to make a chia egg, mix 1 tablespoon of ground chia seed with 3 tablespoons of water
almond butter– you can use any creamy nut butter, I’d recommend cashew or peanut butter.
softened coconut oil—- you can use softened butter, ghee, or vegan butter
chia egg– you can use a flax egg or a regular egg
oat flour–you can use all purpose flour instead of oat flour (I haven’t personally tried it but I know oat flour is 1:1 sub for AP flour)
coconut sugar— you can use brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. Mix together the dry ingredients, 1 + 1/4 cup almond flour, 1/2 cup oat flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
3. In a medium sized mixing bowl, add coconut sugar and softened coconut oil (it’s important that it’s soft and not melted! if you need to, put it in the fridge for a few minutes to let it firm up) and whip the sugar and coconut oil together using a hand mixer or a stand mixer if you have one. Beat the sugar and coconut oil together until it is fully combined and somewhat creamy. Next, add in the remaining wet ingredients: almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, and chia egg, and beat them together with the coconut oil and sugar mixture until everything is combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients into the wet, and stir together until a dough forms, then fold in the chocolate chips (info on chilling vs. not chilling the dough below.)
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes. I usually find 12 minutes is the sweet spot, but you may need to go up to 15 if you make really large cookies.
**feel free to make small or large cookies, just keep in mind that you should only do 4 at a time if you’re doing large, as they will spread.
One Reply to “Thick & Chewy Gluten-Free + Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies”