This cross between nutella, chocolate chip cookie dough, and a ferrero rocher is dangerous…delectable and dangerous. These raw, vegan, and paleo treats are incredibly indulgent and simple to whip up.
- 1 cup and 3 tbsp cashew meal (almond meal works as well)
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 1/2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 85% cacao dark chocolate chips (try to find chocolate chips with minimal sugar, cacao content of 70 % or higher preferred, also make sure they is dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted hazelnuts (plus a few whole hazelnuts to put inside the truffles)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place whole hazelnuts on a pan and let them toast in the oven for about 10 minutes (keep an eye and make sure they don’t burn). After the hazelnuts have cooled, peel off their skin (this isn’t totally necessary if you don’t have time). Chop some of the hazelnuts and leave some whole. In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients except the chopped hazelnuts together and mix until a dough forms (do include a few whole hazelnuts).
Roll into balls and roll in chopped hazelnuts. Store on parchment lined plate/tupperware etc in the freezer or refrigerator, let them soften a bit before eating after removing from freezer. Enjoy! Also check out my recipe for classic chocolate chip cookie dough balls here